Moved StructureThe Structure Removal process is used to obtain a permit to move a structure to another location. The process can be used for either residential or commercial structures.
If the structure is proposed for a new site within the City’s jurisdiction, then either a Commercial Construction or Residential Construction permit would be needed to place the structure on the new site.
- Certificate of Appropriateness is required if the structure is located in a local historic district or is a Guilford County Historic Landmark
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Issuance of a Residential or Commercial Moved Structure Permit by the Development Services Center
- The permit lists all required inspections
- Completed Structure Removal Permit Application (PDF), including all contractors conducting the work, submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
- Application fee
- Payment of required permit fee
- Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit.
- Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Moved Structure Permit.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the permit review process.
- Permit Update Application (PDF)
- All permit fees are due prior to permit issuance
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check