The Structure Removal process is used to obtain a permit to demolish a structure. The process can be used for either residential or commercial structures.
Commercial interior demolition work is permitted through the Commercial Construction process.
Certificate of Appropriateness is required if the structure is located in a local historic district or is a Guilford County Historic Landmark
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Issuance of a Residential or Commercial Demolished Structure Permit by the Development Services Center
- The permit lists all required inspections
- Completed Structure Removal Permit Application (PDF), including all contractors conducting the work, submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA)
- Application fee
- Copy of the Asbestos Notification for Demolition form (PDF) filed with North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) for all commercial structure demolitions
- Payment of required permit fee.
- Applicant is authorized to obtain the permit.
- Upon meeting all permit requirements, the applicant is entitled to a Demolished Structure Permit.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the permit review process.
- Two inspections are required: (1) a miscellaneous building inspection is needed when the structure is demolished but prior to the backfill of any excavation, such as where a footing, foundation, crawlspace or basement was located; and (2) the final building inspection is to verify after backfill that proper grade of the site was established for correct drainage and site stabilization.
- Permit Update Application (PDF)
- Application fee is due at time of submittal
- All permit fees are due at permit issuance
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check