After a permit is issued, the construction project will require inspections during the construction process and at the end upon project completion. The inspections that are required depend upon the type of project, so the permit issued lists the required inspections for the project. Upon the final inspection, a certificate will be issued stating that the completed project met applicable state and local codes.
- Permits must be issued.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Required inspections are established at permit issuance and listed on the permit.
- Inspections may be scheduled through either Accela Citizen Access (ACA) or the Hello System (IVR) (PDF).
- Optional inspections listed on the permit, such as provisional power, may be scheduled as well.
- Once an inspection is scheduled, it cannot be canceled by the permit holder; however, it can be re-scheduled to another day by the permit holder or their delegate.
- If an inspection cannot be rescheduled and must be canceled, contact the Development Services Center at 336-883-3151.
- Special inspections are North Carolina Building Code required inspections that are beyond the scope of inspections performed by City field inspectors. These special inspections must be performed by a NC registered design professional (i.e., architect, engineer) or an inspector under his responsible charge with sealed reports provided to field inspector.
- Fore more information, see Special Inspection and Testing Agreement (PDF), Field Technician Qualifications (PDF) and Final Special Inspection Report (PDF).
Expected Processing Time
- Inspections may be requested until 6 am through Accela Citizen Access (ACA) or the Hello System (IVR) (PDF) for that business day based upon inspector availability.
- Inspections may also be scheduled for the next business day and beyond provided the work will ready for inspection
- All required inspections are included in permit fees
- Optional inspections, such as for after-hours inspections, provisional power requests and temporary certificates of occupancy, require additional fees.
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check