The Exclusion Map process is designed for a land development plan that divides a parcel into two or more lots and meets one of the following:
- The combination or recombination of portions of previously subdivided and recorded lots if the total number of lots is not increased and the resultant lots are equal to or exceed the standards of the Development Ordinance.
- The division of land into parcels greater than 10 acres if no street right-of-way dedication is involved.
- The public acquisition by purchase of strips of land for the widening or opening of streets.
- The division of a tract in single ownership, the entire area of which is not greater than 2 acres, into not more than 3 lots, where no street right-of-way dedication is involved and where the resultant lots are equal to or exceed the standards of the Development Ordinance.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Approval of an exclusion map by the Planning and Development Department
- The applicant submits an application, exclusion map, supplemental documents and fees.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the process.
- The map is reviewed by Planning and Development Department in accordance with the adopted Regulations and Policies.
- Marked plans and comments are returned to the applicant.
- The applicant addresses any unresolved issues and re-submits for review.
- When all issues are resolved, the approved map with any conditions of approval is endorsed by Planning and Development Department and then may be recorded in the county Register of Deeds Office.
- Completed Land Development Application (PDF) submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA)
- Plan review fees
- Exclusion Map prepared in accordance with the plan standards in the Standards and Practices for Development (PDF)
- Plan review fee is due at time of submittal
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check