Structures subject to design review are within the Central Business District, Eastchester Gateway Corridor Overlay District, the Main Street Zoning District, the Washington St. Mixed Use District, Downtown Mixed Use District and the Employment Center District.
- Site or Group Development plan approval
- A Pre-Application Conference is recommended prior to submittal to discuss the application and review process.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Approval of a building elevation plan by the Planning and Development Department
- The applicant submits an application, plans, supplemental documents and fees.
- Projects are assigned a Case Manager to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the process.
- Plans are reviewed by Planning and Development Department in accordance with the Development Ordinance.
- Marked plans and comments are returned to the applicant.
- The applicant addresses any unresolved issues and re-submits for review.
- When all issues are resolved, the approved plan with any conditions of approval is endorsed by the Planning and Development Department.
- Completed Land Development Application (PDF) submitted to the Development Services Center or online through Accela Citizen Access (ACA).
- Plan review fees
- Reference to approved site or group development plan
- Design review must be approved prior to construction permit issuance.
- Design review may be requested at any time prior to construction permit issuance. It is preferred the request be submitted closely following site plan or group development approval to not adversely impact or delay the construction plan review process.
- Plan review fees are due at time of submittal
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check