A Code Confirmation is a written report on a specific property that provides verification of zoning and other land development regulations applicable to the property. Included in the report are any active code violations.
- To obtain a written report on a property, complete a Code Confirmation Request and submit it to the Planning and Development Department or login to Accela Citizen Access and file a Code Confirmation request.
- An individual application must be filed for each separate property.
- Application fee
- If there are specific code related questions relative to the property, other than verification of applicable zoning, include those questions in the description section of the application.
- If a property's compliance with a land development regulation is in question, then upon request and for an additional fee a site compliance determination may be made and included in the report when the request is accompanied by a site plan, survey or other descriptive documentation needed to make the compliance determination.
- To obtain public records for a specific property, do not submit a code confirmation request; instead go to Development Records.
- Code confirmation reports are development public records when issued. To obtain a copy of a previously prepared code confirmation report for a specific property, go to Development Records.
Expected Processing Time
- Approximately 5 business days from submittal to report completion.
- Processing time can increase due to the time needed for use determinations or site compliance determinations.
- Application fee is due at time of submittal
- See the Development Fee Schedule (PDF) for specific fees
- Payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Check or Money Order payable to the City of High Point
- Online (ACA) payment types accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and E-check